Manjimup Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Manjimup Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing manjimup.westernaustralia.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Manjimup for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Manjimup?
Manjimup Galleries and Museums
There are a variety of galleries, museums, and historical venues in and around the region of Manjimup in Western Australia, each providing unique experiences and insights into the area's rich history and culture. Here is a categorised list describing each site and its location details:
- The Manjimup Art Gallery: Located on the corner of Rose and Mount Streets in Manjimup, this gallery features a rotating selection of fine art by local and visiting artists, as well as occasional workshops and events for the community to enjoy.
- The Truffle & Wine Co. Art Gallery: Just a short drive south of Manjimup, this gallery is part of a larger complex that includes a truffle farm and winery. Featuring a diverse range of artwork from both established and emerging talents, the gallery also hosts regular exhibitions and artist talks.
- The Gresham Art Gallery: Situated in the townsite of Gresham, just north of Manjimup, this gallery showcases a collection of indigenous and contemporary artworks. Visitors can see paintings, ceramics, carvings and more by local and national artists.
- The Timber Museum: Located in Manjimup's heritage gardens, this museum celebrates the region's rich timber industry history. Visitors can learn about the tools, machinery and techniques used in logging and milling operations, as well as the stories and experiences of those who worked in the industry.
- The Old Balingup Post Office Museum: Around 20 minutes' drive east of Manjimup in the charming town of Balingup, this museum offers a glimpse into the area's postal history. Visitors can see historically preserved mail sorting equipment, letters, and photographs.
- The Jardee Railway Heritage Trail: A short distance south of Manjimup, this museum and trail honours the original logging railway line that once ran through the area. Along the trail, visitors can see original artifacts and interpretive signage that provide insights into the railway construction, operation and the lives of those who worked on the line.
- The Manjimup Heritage Park: Located on Rose Street in Manjimup, this park includes a range of historical buildings preserved and relocated from around the region. Visitors can see restored schoolhouses, cottages, and a courthouse, as well as vintage machinery and equipment used in farming and logging operations.
- The Diamond Tree Lookout: A short drive south of Manjimup, this towering sightseeing site offers visitors a unique perspective on the region. Visitors may climb to the top of the Diamond Tree and enjoy panoramic views over the Southwest, while also learning about its history as a fire lookout.
- The Hester Community Settlement: A 30-minute drive northeast of Manjimup, this historical site provides an opportunity to learn about the lives of early settlers and their experiences living and working in the area. Visitors can see original buildings, including the community hall and church.
Whether you are interested in art, history or simply soaking in the unique culture of the area, there are plenty of galleries, museums, and historical venues to explore in and around Manjimup.
Manjimup Galleries and Museums Articles